Audubon Center of the Northwoods - 2009
Situated in a beautiful, peaceful setting on 535 acres on Grindstone Lake in east-central MN, amidst mixed forest, field, wetland, stream and prairie, the Audubon Center of the Northwoods is a residential environmental learning center, retreat, and conference center, and an area leader in renewable energy production. The Center implements natural energy with three photovoltaic arrays, two flat-panel collectors, a wind generator, and a geothermal system for heating and cooling for their resident programs.
- 3 sets of 16 solar PV panels on trackers, generating 8,400 watts/hour
- 2 (4'x10') flat-panel solar collectors
- Closed, vertical-loop geothermal heat pumps with thirty 208-foot-deep wells
- Hummingbird wind generator supplying 5 kW/h
- Recreational vehicle converted to run on used vegetable oil (bio-diesel)
Sun Energy in Mora, MN